KIIT School of Management, Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology : Courses, Fees, Placements, Ranking, Admission 2023
Founded in 1993 as an Institute of Business Administration and Training, KIIT School of Management (KSOM) Bhubaneswar provides education in the field of business and management. This institution has received several awards and recognitions for its excellent contribution to the field of education.
December 10, 2020: ATMA 2021 exam schedule has been announced. Read more
KSOM is the first B-school in the country to embed Simulation Games (action-based learning) as part of the MBA programme. Being a constituent school of Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, KSOM is one of the top-ranked Schools in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. There are a total of 50 faculty members at KSOM and over 40 per cent of them are from the top institutions, such as IIMs and IITs. KSOM offers three full-time programmes, which include BBA, MBA/ PGDM and PhD.
Here are some of the quick facts related to KSOM:
|Also known as||KSOM|
|Campus size||35 acre|
|Constituent college of||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT)|
|Accepted exams||MAT, CAT, KIITEE Management, XAT, CMAT|
|Mode of study||Full-time|
|No. of scholarships offered||3|
|No. of faculty members||50|
|No. of alumni||4,600|
|Courses offered||MBA/ PGDM, BBA and PhD|
|Highest salary offered||- International: Rs 17.55 LPA
- Domestic: Rs 10 LPA
|Top recruiters||Dell, Bajaj Finserv, ITC Hotels, Deloitte, Bluedart, etc.|
The School has been ranked for its courses by several ranking organisations such as NIRF, Times of India, to name a few. Here is a list of detailed KSOM rankings below:
|2020||11 (For MBA/ PGDM)||Outlook|
|32 (For MBA/ PGDM)||NIRF|
|37 (For MBA/ PGDM)||The Times|
|2019||3 (For BBA)||The Times|
|17 (For BBA)||India Today|
|34 (For MBA/ PGDM)||The Week|
|49 (For MBA/ PGDM)||Business Today|
KSOM has partnerships with various industry leaders. A lot of them are from the Technology sector. There are a total of four academic partners of KSOM as mentioned below:
- The School has a partnership with Dassault Systemes, a software innovator and worldwide PLM leader
- KSOM has entered into an alliance with SAP University Alliance programme
- The School has recently signed an MoU with Tech Mahindra for working jointly in the area of Product Lifecycle Management
- The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) India, a part of the world’s largest professional HR association with over 2.6 lakh members across 140 countries
KSOM Admission Process
For KSOM admissions, candidates can apply either in online or offline mode. For online mode, candidates need to apply by filling in the application form available on the official website of the School. While for offline mode, they can obtain a registration form and prospectus by paying an application fee of Rs 750 (BBA) or Rs 1,250 (MBA) through cash or a demand draft.
- Admissions to the BBA programme is based on candidates' UGAT score/ academic scores
- Eligible candidate must be born on or before July 1, 1998
- For MBA, candidates can apply with their valid score of MAT/ CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ KIITEE Management
- KIITEE Management entrance exam is conducted by the KIIT University in around January-mid
- The selection process includes a Group Discussion and Personal Interview (PI) round conducted at New Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jamshedpur and Bhubaneswar
- Successful candidates are informed about their final selection through an admission offer
- For KSOM PhD admission, candidates must have a valid GATE score with BTech or BE degree
Read more: KSOM Admission Process
KSOM offers a total of three full-time programmes at UG, PG and doctoral level. These programmes include BBA (three years), MBA/ PGDM in three specialisations (two years) and PhD (two years). Here are some of the highlights related to these programmes:
- KSOM BBA programme is designed with the objective of making its students corporate-ready to become entrepreneurs and junior-level executives in the industry or to pursue higher education
- MBA is a fully-residential programme of KSOM and the curriculum includes On-Job-Training (OJT) as well as a summer internship
PhD is available for working executives as well in part-time mode
- After completing the course, students are awarded Doctorate Degree
The eligibility criteria of UG and PG programmes along with their fee is mentioned below:
|Course||Eligibility Criteria||Fee (in Rs lakh)|
- Accounting & Finance
- Must have completed graduation from any university with a minimum aggregate of 50%
- Must have passed Class 12 in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50%
- Must have Mathematics/ Business Mathematics/ Economics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
MTech/ ME/ MCA/ MBA with a minimum aggregate of 60%
MSc/ MA/ MCom/ LLM with minimum 55% marks
Read more: KSOM Courses
The School has an Industry Engagement Cell, which focuses on placement and internship process for the students. Every year, a lot of leading organisations visit the School and recruit students from the campus for respective profiles and roles. Some of the prime recruiting partners of KSOM are Dell, Bajaj Finserv, ITC Hotels, Deloitte and Bluedart.
- More than 80 leading corporations visit the KSOM campus every year for the recruitment process
- KSOM has a track record of around 96 per cent in terms of placements.
- In placements for 2018-2019 batch, the highest international and domestic package offered was Rs 17.55 LPA and Rs 10 LPA, respectively.
- The average salary offered in the same academic year was Rs 6.5 LPA. As far as placements trend is concerned, in 2017, the highest international and domestic salary offered was Rs 15.13 LPA and Rs 12 LPA, and the average salary went up to Rs 6.2 LPA
Read more: KSOM Placements
The School provides scholarships for its MBA programme based on the academic performance of the students. The scholarship amount is of up to 50 per cent waiver against the tuition fee. The eligibility criteria to apply for KSOM scholarships is mentioned below. Candidates, who:
- Have ranked among the top five in the KIITEE Management Entrance Test
- Have scored more than 80 per cent in CAT/ XAT
- Have scored 95 per cent or above in MAT exam
To avail of online loan facilities, candidates can approach Allahabad Bank and the application for education loan is processed within 72 hours.
KSOM has a lush green campus, which has a library with a collection of national and international journals, magazines, newspapers and around 21,000 books. Below are the details on KSOM infrastructure and facilities:
Read more: KSOM Students’ Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
The campus of KSOM is located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. It started as Institute of Business Administration and Training (IBAT) and was named as KSOM later.
KSOM is the management school under KIIT that offers programmes at UG, PG and Doctoral level. These programmes include BBA, MBA/ PGDM (Finance, Marketing and HR) and PhD.
The application fee for BBA and MBA programme is Rs 750 and Rs 1,250, respectively.
No, the application process is available in both online as well as offline mode. Candidates can obtain the application form and prospectus from the campus, fill the same and submit.
Yes, final year students are also eligible to apply for the PG programmes offered by KSOM. However, they need to submit their respective mark sheets without fail once the final results are declared.
Yes. To apply for more than one course, candidates need to fill a separate application form for each desired course.
Yes, the hostel facility is provided by the School once the admission of a candidate is confirmed. In fact, MBA/ PGDM is a fully-residential programme of KSOM.
Candidates at KSOM are shortlisted based on their valid score in KIITEE Management/ CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MAT and performance in the GDPI round conducted at New Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Kolkata, Jamshedpur and Bhubaneswar. Successful candidates are confirmed through an admission offer letter.
For PhD programme, candidates need to pay Rs 1.50 lakh as a one-time charge, which includes semester free, thesis submission and course work fee.
Copyright © 2023 Shiksha Trends. All rights reserved.