A medical scientist conducts laboratory tests on various. Medical organisms to obtain information for diagnosing, treating and Scientist preventing diseases.
What do they do?
• Desin, develop and conduct research to address a specific medical issue
• Prepare grant proposals research proposals to acquire funding for their projects.
• Draw blood, extract tissuels, collect urine or perform other invasive procedures to obtain samples
• Prepare and analyze collected samples
• Write research paper/s based on study conducted
• Read scientific literature to stay abreast of the new developments in the field of medical science
• Critical thinking. analytical and problem solving skills to identify, analyses and resolve issues • Meticulousness in maintaining data and other records for research purposes Self-.motivation and time management skills to work independently and deliver on time.
• Strong listening skills to patiently hear research subjects when collecting datal
• Operational skills to operate equipment and other tools used for research
• Strong communication skills to convey ideas, concepts and analysis to varied audiences
Std XII Science PCMB
Post-Graduate (M.Sc. / Ph.D)
Level I: Graduate Scientist
Level 2: Doctoral Scientist Research Scientist
Level 3: Resident Scientist
Level 4: Fellow Scientist
Companies that currently recruit
- Johnson & Johnson,