Forensic scientists provide impartial scientific evidence for. use in courts of law to support the prosecution or defense. Scientist in criminal and civil investigations.
Forensic Scientists gather. Physical evidence where incidences of civil or criminal misconduct have occurred.
What do they do?
• Analyzing samples, such as hair, body fluids, glass, paint and drugs in the laboratory.
• Siting and sorting evidence, attending and examining scenes of crimes, recording findings and collecting trace evidence from scenes of crimes or accidents. Presenting results of work in written form or by giving oral evidence, justifying findings unde . cross-examination in courts of law and liaising with police to establish forensic strategies .
• Tenacious approach and enquiring mind
• Ability to undertake fine, analytical, painstaking work with exceptional attention to detail .
• Logical, unbiased and methodical approach to problem solving
• Ability to communicate scientific information to non-experts.
Std XII Science (PCMB) / NEET/ Graduate/ Post-Graduate
Level I: Forensic Scientist
Level 2: Reporting Officer
Level 3: Forensic Officer
Level 4: Senior Forensic Officer
Level 5: Chief Forensic Officer
Companies that currently recruit
- Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
- State Police Investigative Teams
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- Indian Forensic Service (IFS)
- Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)