Automobile or Automotive Engineering has gained recognition and importance ever since motor vehicles capable for transporting passengers has been in vogue. Now due to the rapid growth of auto component manufacturers and automobile industries, there is a great demand for Automobile Engineers. Automobile Engineering alias Automotive Engineering or Vehicle Engineering is one of the most challenging careers in the field of engineering with a wide scope.
This branch deals with the designing, developing, manufacturing, testing and repairing and servicing automobiles such as cars, trucks, motorcycles, scooters etc & the related sub Engineering systems.
For the perfect blend of manufacturing and designing automobiles, Automobile Engineering uses the features of different elements of Engineering such as mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering. Automobile Engineering, also known as Automotive Engineering, is a field concerned with vehicle design, development, production, and safety testing. Automobile Engineers work closely with other engineers to improve automotive technical performance, vehicle aesthetics, and automotive software.
To become a proficient automobile engineer, specialized training is essential and it is a profession, which requires a lot of hard work, dedication, determination and commitment.
Automobile production requires a large team of professionals that specialise in specific aspects of Automobile Engineering. These specialisations include control systems, aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, and emission control.
To enter the field of Automobile Engineering, most employers expect you to have a degree in a related engineering field, although some large automotive companies offer apprenticeships.
Depending on the subject area you wish to specialise in, you may be required to get a postgraduate certification.
The position is ideal for employees with a strong work ethic that enjoys seeing how their work has paid off. Automobile Engineering has tangible results, meaning that engineers can see the success, or even failures, of their work
- The candidate must have passed Class 12th in PCM for admission in B. Tech Automobile Engineering.
- A minimum of 60% marks is required for admission in top engineering colleges in India.
What do they do?
- Design new products or modify existing ones
- Troubleshoot and solve engineering problems
- Plan and design manufacturing processes
- Preparing cost estimates and design specifications
- Preparing plans and drawings
- Analyzing energy, environmental and safety aspects of the planned project
- Predicting vehicle or component behaviour under different conditions using computerized models
- Developing testing procedures
- Investigating product failures
- Analyzing, interpreting and condensing technical data into reports or presentations
- Supervise technical staff
- Working closely with other types of engineers, such as civil, electrical, aerospace, chemical and industrial
- Working with professionals from other occupational fields, such as marketing and legal.
- Technical knowledge
- Effective planner
- Team worker
- Automobile Engineering Technicians
- Safety Engineering
- Emissions Research
- NVH ( Noise, Vibration and Harshness) Engineers
- Performance Engineer
- Vehicle Dynamics Controller
- Operations Research
- Research Institutions
- Oil and Fuel Companies
- Materials Suppliers
- Tyre Companies
- Vehicle Design Companies
BMW & Renault
Tata Motors Ltd.