Aeronautical Engineering is a well-known branch of engineering that attracts students with interest in airplanes and their mechanism. “Aeronautical Engineering” is one of the most popular fields for the students who wish to make their career in aircraft, airplanes, jet planes and space shuttles.
Aeronautical engineering is the deep study of “Aeronautics”. Aeronautics term has come from the ancient Greek word “Aer” which means ‘Air’ and “Nautike” which means ‘navigation of the air’.
The primary job of an Aeronautical Engineer is to devise aircraft and propulsion systems, but with time, the engineer is given many more responsibilities to carry out. Recruitment opportunities are available in defence services and aviation industry.
This science involved with the study, design, and manufacture of flight-capable machines, or the techniques of operating aircraft. This course trains an engineer in designing, constructing, analyzing and testing of commercial or military aircrafts, missiles, and spacecrafts.
Aerospace engineers are responsible for the research, design and production of aircraft, spacecraft, aerospace equipment, satellites and missiles. Aeronautical engineers use their technical knowledge in designing, constructing, maintaining and testing the aircraft and related systems.
The field, Aeronautical engineering is the best career oriented field. It is one of the challenging fields of engineering. The aeronautical engineering deals with the technology and development in aviation, defense and exploration system.
- Applicants should be at least 10+2 qualified from a recognised Board
- Applicants should at least have secured more than or equivalent to 60% aggregate in their qualifying examination in science stream
- It is compulsory for the applicants to have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at the 10+2 level
- Students with an equivalent qualification can also apply
What do they do?
Aeronautical engineers design, develop, test, and help manufacture commercial and military aircraft, missiles, and spacecraft.
- Aeronauticalengineers also develop and design extraordinary technologies such as: supersonic jets, helicopters, space shuttles, satellites and rockets.
- Work done by aerospace engineers has made such things as speedy mail delivery and moon travel possible.
- Aerospace Engineers are working to launch a space shuttle to reach the moon.
- Strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Technical expertise.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Attention to detail.
- A strong awareness of safety issues.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Project and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical expertise (usually relevant to the role)
- Innovative thinking
- Attention to detail
- Quality project management skills
- Excellent time management
- The ability to work under pressure/to deadlines
- Aerodynamic engineers
- Aircraft design engineers
- Aircraft designers
- Aircraft engineers
- Astronautical engineers
- Flight systems test engineers
- Flight test engineers
- Rocket engineers
- Wind tunnel engineers
- ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) and
- The Defense Ministry.
- Civil Aviation Department,
- National Aeronautical Laboratory,
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO) and
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).